Illustrator CC 2015Vector Joy
Project 1 - Intro
Illustrator 1- Intro to Illustrator CC15!
Get the low-down on Illustrator. How it works, how to set it up, and how to be super cool like me.Illustrator Quiz 1
- 101- Launch The App – Here’s how to get started and set up documents for printing at home or school, Including Quick Start Templates!!
- 102- Creating Document Presets – Awesome advanced tip for creting new document presets.
- 103- Getting to know Illustrator – Meet Illustrator and the Interface. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
- 104- Customize the Interface – Learn to set the interface and customize it to fit your needs!
- 105- SuperPower Shortcuts – Some critical shortcuts that every Illustrator user should know.
- 106- Vectors VS Pixels – Learn why Illustrator and Photoshop both exist. One’s a pickup, the other is a sportscar.
- 107- About Vectors – More about vectors, and understanding how math creates art. It’s paths vs appearance.
- 108- File Formats – Lean the file formats that keep the power of vectors.
Project 2 - Basics
Illustrator 2- Illustrator Basics
Learn the basics of Illustrator, how to use these super cool tools to create totally original art- straight from your noggin to the screen!Illustrator Quiz 2
- 201- Setup – Set up a new document and quick review of critical shortcuts I’ll use often.
- 202- Path and Pen Problems – The pen tool is weird. We’re skipping it for now- but in case you get stuck, here’s the way out.
- 203- Interface Learning Tricks – Use this trick to learn the panel icons when you’re getting started!
- 204- Text Technicalities – There are two kinds of text in the Illustrator world- learn the differences.
- 205- Formatting Characters – Learn the critical character settings- especially Kerning, Leading, and Spacing!
- 206- Pagargaph Styles – Paragraph settings affect all text between two presses of the enter key- no matter how long.
- 207- Warped Tour – Have fun warping your text using the warp tools.
- 208- Edit Warped Text – Quick tips on editing your warped text.
- 209- About Outline Mode – Getting into the X-Ray view that reveals what’s actually underneath your design, amd understanding how Illustrator draws.
- 210- Vector Tweaks – Let’s break apart some text and learn about how vectors and Anchor points work.
- 211- Vector Calligrams – Learn how to tweak text using the vector tools to create fun single-word calligrams.
- 212- Groups, Outlines and Organization – Create pure vector files and learn to group objects to keep them together.
- 212a- Save Your Work! – A quick extra video on how to save your work to be sure you don’t lose anything!
Digging deeper with Shapes:
- 213- Line Tools – Lines, arcs, spirals, and a couple grids to keep you happy- and how to get your lines dressed for any occasion!
- 214- Shape Tools – Rectangles, Stars, Circles, and other basic geometric shapes.
- 215- Brush On, Brush Off – Dig into the brush and Blob Brush tools.
- 216- Pencil Tools and Friends – Some of the most basic, and one of the coolest tools in Illustrator.
- 217- Erase, Replace – Great song by the Foo Fighters, and a nice title for the Eraser tools in the Toolbar.
- 218- Reflecting and Rotating – Take your shapes for a spin, and change object size.
- 219- Distortion Tools – This set of reshaping tools distort your shapes.
- 220- Shape Builder and Live Paint – Explore Rob’s fave tool in Illustrator- the Shape Builder.
- 221- Eyedropper – This little guy often comes in handy, sucking up settings and copying to other objects.
- 222- Draw Eye Guy – Learn to combine the tools to create your own cartoon character!
- 223- Stacking Order and Arranging – Learn the CRITICAL skill of how to arrange and stack your objects.
- 224- Mission Challenge – Create your own custom cartoon or drawing using the tools you’ve learned- a few tips in here.
- 225- Save Your Work! – Save as an Illustrator file as well as exporting for web.
Project 3 - Logos and Design
Illustrator 3- Logos and Design
Learning about design is life changing. You begin to see things in terms of visual design, and you’re so much more aware of all the great beauty and design around you. This series mixes some great tips on creativity and design, and build a logo at the same time!
- 301- Setup – Set up a new document with artboards.
- 302- Enter your Initials – We’ll make a logo with your initials. Get some tips here about hwo text and fonts influence your design.
- 303- Nothing is Something! – Learn to see nothing as something with Negative Space!
- 304- Creativity Cheat Sheet– Find the resources on Brainbuffet that will help you start to engage your creative brain!
- 305- Bending Your Letters– Learn to combine objects and group them together for creativity.
- 306- Synectic Triggers and Shape Builder – Stuck? Use the Synectic Triggers to help jog creative ideas when you’re stuck- and use the Shape Builder tool to make it happen!
- 307- Go Low– Get 5-10 ideas with uppercase letters- then go lowercase!
- 308- On Creativity… – A quick note from Rob on Creativity. DO. NOT. QUIT! (adobe Video)
- 309- Mix It Up and Shortcuts – Mix upper and lowercase- and also get some shortcuts from Rob.
- 310- Shape Up – Add some shapes in there to get things happening!
- 311- Warp and Distort – Get even more shapes by distorting and transforming the ones you already know how to build!
- 312- Iterate! -Here’s how you get to level 2… experiment with and combine your first ideas to level up!
- 313- Save multiple versions -Save your document, and then save for earlier versions with limited artboards.
- 314- Save for the web -Save a single artboard for the web and wrap it up!