Welcome to our Dreamweaver videos! These videos teach you how to work with a client, design well, and build a website. This series includes all of the information you’ll need to pass the CS5 and CS6 Certiport exams! The new tests (for Dreamweaver CC) are SO MUCH DIFFERENT we’re working on those. But these should get you to where you need to go with any earlier version!
You can find a link to all the media files you need in the download link below!Download Project Files
Guy Who Knows Some Stuff
Rob is the guy behind this site and these projects. What started as a classroom experiment led to this whole site dedicated to teaching design concepts to students and individuals! He’s fascinated by design, creative solutions to unique problems, and community dynamics. Though a successful educator, author, designer, and consultant- he enjoy my work as a father, friend, and mentor the most.
1- Please put brain in gear before clicking mouse.
- 101- The Design Process The design process… Don’t leave home without it! **
- 102- Client Goals Discovering what the Client actually wants for the project. **
- 103- Site Needs Vary The kind of site they want makes a HUGE impact on what they expect. **
- 104- Target Audience You talkin’ to ME? or them? or those other people? Figure it out and learn how to connect with them.
- 105- Brainstorm! That’s BrainSTORM, not braindrizzle. Let those ideas pour! (Speaking of brains… a tribute.)
- 106 – Site Plan and Outline Think before you do. Trust me, it’s worth the time it takes.
- 107- Storyboarding Plan your work, then work your plan. No thinkee, your web site will stinkee.
2- Fire it up and spit one out!
- 201-Dreamweaver Interface I’m putting the interface IN YOUR FACE! **
- 202- Create Pages Create your first web page! **
- 203- Text Editing You got something to say??? This is how you do it!
- 204- Insert Menu All the goodies for text formatting from the Insert Menu
- 205- Tables Can I get a table please?
- 206- Save Your Documents I don’t want to hear any SOBS… Save Often or Be Sorry!!!!
- 207- Easy Add Pages Copying our pages to speed up the process
- 208- Review The re-re-review (that’s the remix)
3- Get the Picture??
- 301- Fireworks Intro A cool tool not for fools **
- 302- Enter Text The keystroke is mightier than the… oh, nevermind. **
- 303- Fill Get your fill of awesome goodness
- 304- Stroke Wrap your text with some amazing awesome niftiness… It’s like a hug, but for words.
- 305- Optimize Put your images into the compactor and squeeze out the fat
- 306- Define your Site Set up home base
- 307- Insert Images Pages go from lame to having some game
- 308- Insert Offsite Images Dreamweaver is your housekeeper
- 309- Modify Images Tweak it in the D-Dub!
- 310- Smart Image Choices Make yourself smarter… choose an image that works.
- 311- Images Review The double tap to the noggin to make it stick.
4- Get the Hookup! (links)
- 401- Links Reach out and grab someone next to ya! **
- 402- Alternate Methods The Boring ways to link ‘em up… **
- 403- Email Email links for the non-webmail users (both of them.)
- 404- Absolute Links Full addresses to anywhere in the Interverse
- 405- Link Images Pretty Picture makee interwebs go vroom!
- 406- Preview and Test Links Make ‘em do their thang. Double check before you leave it alone!
- 407- Link Types We hate to segregate… but we will anyway.
- 408- Named Anchors This is Elmer. THIS is Elmer’s nose. BE SPECIFIC!
5- You’re speaking in code.
- 501- Page Structure The important parts (even the private ones) **
- 502- Basic Tags Basic training for the HTML army! **
- 503- Lists Ordered and Unordered lists… don’t let yourself get disordered!
- 504- Tables Table for Two (by two), please?
- 505- ADDtributes DO NOT FORGET to misspell the word ADD-TRIBUTES!!!
- 506- DHTML Intro Dynamic? Yes. Easy to go cheesy? Also yes. Handle with care.
6- CSS= True Design Love
- 601- CSS Intro CSS is causing a division, and also removing one. **
- 602- Zen Demo Best. CSS. Demo. EVER. **
- 603-External CSS Separate it out for all the benefits
- 604- Create DIV Create a DIVision… One ID per person, please.
- 605- Classes Classes? Anyone can attend!
- 606- AP Divs Absolute Positioning from the only corner that never moves.
- 607- Learn More This is the tip of the iceburg. You only know enough to get sunk now- so go learn more!
7- Rich Media (it can be so snobby)
- 701- Rich Media Rich media. It’s Rich. **
- 702- Insert SWF Swiftly insert a SWF. **
- 703- Insert FLV Flash Video- simple, compact, and easy to manage.
- 704- MOVies Quicktime- drop in the MOV easily on your page.
- 705- Music Auto play is the equivalent of an ice cream truck on the Information Superhighway.
- 706- Bonus Rollover Here’s a bonus on making rollovers. Enjoy. This one’s on me.
- 707- Insert Rollover Hey Original, Roll Over!
- 708- Menus What’s your website serving?
- 709- Image Maps A menu out of a single image. It’s like a parallell universe of fun.
- 710- Import Office Hrmmm… This doesn’t always work. Here’s proof. (but info for when it does)
8- Hello internet, I’m new here.
- 801- Intro A Map to the Entire Internet is in this video **
- 802- Basic Remote Setup Setting up the remote web server. **
- 803- Advanced Site Setup Getting into the nitty gritty of server city.
- 804- Backup Site You DO backup, right?
- 805- FTP Operations Put, Get, Sync, Check. Sounds like samples for the next rap song.
- 806- Review A concise do-over.
9- Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
- 901- Hit Your Target Did you hit your target? **
- 902- Spelling and Link Checks Please. Just… Please. **
- 903- Layout Colors and Fonts, OH MY!!! On the way to see the wizard, things can go weird.
- 904- Usability Self Test Is This thing ON?
- 905- Usability Testing Where’s the power button?
- 906- Accessibility Makes the blind see. (really, I mean that literally)
- 907- Feedback Loop Don’t stop the party. Ever.
- 908- Keeping it Relevant Yesterday, All my troubles seemed so far away. Now your site does too.